The Book Award offers one of the largest monetary prizes for literature in the country with an award of $10,000 for a published work which embodies the mind, body, spirit genre.
Maggie Tarver, Chief Executive Officer for the NZSA, says the Book Awards always attracts an impressive number of entries and 2012 was no exception.
“The Ashton Wylie Charitable Trust Literature Awards attracts much interest from the literary community and we have received over 50 entries in the published book category,” says Ms Tarver.
The Book Award finalists are:
- Robin Kelly – The Human Hologram
- Bernadette Logue – Pinch Me – How Following the Signals Changed My Life
- Alan Dawe – The God Franchise
- Keith Hill – Secular Spirituality
- Martin Herbertson – The Sleeping Messiah
- Glenys-Kay O’Byrne – Metaphysics 101: Buckle Up For The Wildest Ride of Your Life
- Cliff Harvey – Time Rich, Cash Optional : An Unconventional Guide To Happiness